Saturday, September 28, 2013

This Is Priceless

That is the title of the enote I received yesterday morning, and it really is accurate. It started my day with such a laugh (perhaps because I am a manager and train many subordinate managers) that I felt it was one of the Internet stories that really does warrant sharing. I hope you enjoy it!
If you've ever worked for a boss who reacts before getting the facts and thinking things through, you will love this!

Arcelor-Mittal Steel, feeling it was time for a shakeup, hired a new CEO. The new boss was determined to rid the company of all slackers.

On a tour of the facilities, the CEO noticed a guy leaning against a wall. The room was full of workers and he wanted to let them know that he meant business. He asked the guy, "How much money do you make a week?"

A little surprised, the young man looked at him and said, "I make $400 a week. Why?"

The CEO said, "Wait right here." He walked back to his office, came back in two minutes, and handed the guy $1,600 in cash and said, "Here's four weeks' pay. Now GET OUT and don't come back."

Feeling pretty good about himself, the CEO looked around the room and asked, "Does anyone want to tell me what that goof-ball did here?"

From across the room a voice said,

"Pizza delivery guy from Domino's."

6 comments:

  1. I have been wondering where you were!!!! I've been searching and finally found you! I pray you are well.

    Blessings!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found me, Jennifer. I was pretty hamstring with a borrowed computer not capable of modern computing and my computer in the shop forever (forever being three months) until the shop gave up and gave me a new one, which I am now trying to learn and acquire comfort with.

    Mary - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Good one, thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    Trust you are doing good in Qatar

    I invite you to view an interesting English language teaching video on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Michael: You're welcome! I was glad to receive that smile myself!

    @ Amrita: Thanks, Amrita. I fared well in Qatar, but I am glad to be back home. I will meander over to your English teaching video as soon as I get a chance. (I see that you have a new picture.)

    ReplyDelete