Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sabbath Sunday #31: A Day Off?

Fr. Christian Mathis (Blessed Is the Kingdom) has made the suggestion that we "rest" on the Sabbath by taking a break from our normal blogging and sharing an older post of which we are particularly fond. Rest? Gladly! I don't get to do that very often, but now, thanks to Fr. Christian, I get to do it at least once a week -- and it gives me more time to spend with God, which is a wonderful gift.

For this week, I selected a fun little thing, A Day Off? A Matter of Definition!

Have a restful and peaceful Sabbath!

8 comments:

  1. Update on Amden on arise 2 write. Thank you, my sweet friend for all your prayers and support.
    Blessings, andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know. I tend to read Sitka's blog regularly, but I don't keep up with Arise 2 Write as often although I do enjoy that blog, too. (I think I read Sitka's because I have vicariously adopted him and Nanuq into the clan.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great idea!

    Thanks for coming by and becoming a follower. I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear elizabeth,

    i love this gorgeous tiger and your idea of joining
    'sabbath rest.' it has inspired me to do it sometimes
    too.

    i can't imagine how you can write FIVE blogs.
    incredible!

    love,
    lea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Lea. Each of the blogs has a different purpose, and this one, 100th Lamb, is the only one I stay current with on a near-daily basis. The others are more like 1-3 times a week. Glad you are joining Sabbath rest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been cleaning the house today, and I just now sat and read your post (the one from 2009). My goodness, I'd love a cone!!

    Doris Plaster

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ice cream always tastes better after a hard day of work, doesn't it?!

    ReplyDelete