Saturday, September 28, 2013

Spiritual Sunday #19:Things Aren't Always What They Seem

For more Spiritual Sunday posts, I recommend that you wander over to the website of Charlotte and Ginger, who host the Spiritual Sunday meme.

Because I do not blog on Sundays -- keeping it as the sabbath -- I use older posts (forgotten perhaps but hopefully still interesting) from one or another of my blogs that seem appropriate for this meme. It seems to work to bring out the older posts that many have not read before or ones from other blogs I maintain that readers of 100th Lamb may not know about. Since I was picked up in the middle of last night at the airport in Doha by a guy named Angel, I thought it would be appropriate to share another angel story: Things Are Not Always What They Seem. I hope you will enjoy the story.

Wishing you a peaceful Sunday, which should just be dawning for most of you. I am already far into the day, having journeyed the past two days to the farthest point in the Middle East: Qatar. I have tracked down the Mass times for today and am looking forward to going to a chapel on the desert military base where I am this evening. (One advantage to traveling is that I get to see a lot of different churches and hear a lot of different priests giving a lot of different homilies. The liturgy, regardless of location and language, is the same. That is one of the things I like about the Catholic Church: you feel at home wherever you are.)

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog! I'm adding myself as your newest follower and I hope you'll check out my blog as well!

    www.inletsandharbors.blogspot.com

    :)

    ReplyDelete