Sunday, November 17, 2013

Monday Morning Meditation #69

Well, just when I think I have conquered this borrowed laptop and am able to write and post, using a clunker from the past, something goes terribly wrong. I wrote and posted a Monday Morning Meditation for this week, only to find that the first half had disappeared when it posted. So, I will have to rewrite it, but it is too late for this Monday. Therefore, while I wait for my computer to be repaired--the last call from the repair shop was three days ago, assuring me that they were being attentive to the problem but had no idea why the computer would not work. (I think they should give me a new computer! There seems to be some disagreement on their part, though, in spite of the computer being under warranty.) In the interim, I am limping along and will try to get posting under control somehow, in between writing pages of the latest book, also on a clunky laptop, and holding down a full-time job.

For this week's MMM, I recommend going to the sites that I routinely suggest. I think you will find them interesting and inspirational:

Fr. Austin Fleming, priest of the Archdiocese of Boston and pastor in Concord, Massachusetts, posts a prayer each Monday morning that he calls "Monday Morning Offering." I enjoy his prayers very much. I think you also will find them inspirational. He has graciously given me permission to include a link to his blog on my Monday Morning Meditation posts. (During the week, he also posts great homilies and other thoughtful discussions. I enjoy reading those, too, as do readers of this blog who have taken the stroll over to his blog.)

For additional inspiration throughout the week, I would point out two sets of blogs: (1) the list of devotional blogs on my sidebar and (2) my blogroll, where I am following a number of inspirational priests and writers about spiritual matters. I learn so very much from all these people. I highly recommend them to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment