Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Adventures in Korea


This week my life was tightly planned with long-awaited activities in Korea and California. This week those plans went into the trash can. I write this note from Japan, my port in the storm, which was never in the plans.

I no sooner arrived in Seoul than Typhoon Bolaven also showed up. My travel plans to Osan were canceled; the country was locked down, awaiting Bolaven in silence and stillness. We waited; it came. I did not notice. Honestly, I was holed up at the hotel, totally oblivious to what was going on outside. (That's me: Mme Oblivious.) The typhoon came and went, and I only found out about it when I went to dinner with a colleague. But I did find some photos (below) on Internet.

I managed to escape to Osaka this morning as another typhoon rolled into town. Whew!


No comments:

Post a Comment